We are the ONLY LICENSED operator with welcome desks at Cairns Airport!
About Sun Palm Transport Group
SUN PALM TRANSPORT GROUP operates from our Cairns Airport base, on the ground floor at both the International and Domestic terminals.
Established in 1986, the company has grown from humble beginnings as the taxi operator in Port Douglas to a company that now employs personnel throughout four offices in Queensland. Operating with a fleet of vehicles ranging from 4 & 7 seat Mercedes Benz , 12 seater buses through to larger vehicles and the super strech hummer.
SUN PALM TRANSPORT moves people. It operates a seat-in-coach service transferring people to and from Cairns Airport, shipping, train and bus terminals to their hotels or accommodation houses between Cairns, Palm Cove and Port Douglas.
SUN PALM TRANSPORT can provide vehicles and chauffeurs for customised tours, special and corporate events and weddings.
We operate a state of the art electronic booking system to manage the movement of the fleet.
We operate a state of the art electronic booking and satellite navigation system to manage the movement of our fleet
SUN PALM is the ONLY licensed operator at Cairns Airport able to accept your walk-up booking. Our airport desks are staffed by competent, friendly staff, for all major arriving flights 7 days a week. The desk is well signed with exclusive kerbside pickups providing passengers with seamless travel from the aircraft to their holiday destinations.
The team at the desk will:
- Meet and greet all bookings from flights.
- Ensure passengers transport requirements are managed in an efficient, courteous and professional manner.
- Assist with luggage and transfer from the arrivals hall to the vehicle.
- All vehicles are equipped with two way radios to enable communication between vehicles and the Base.
- All vehicles are equipped with satellite navigation systems.
- All drivers carry mobile telephones.
- Reservations can be made 24 hours a day 7 days a week via our website. (minimum 24 hours notice)
All vehicles have full comprehensive insurance cover. Sun Palm Transport Group holds public liability insurance for $30 million
All vehicles are maintained and serviced by our own workshop mechanics based in Port Douglas and Cairns. This enables all vehicles to be serviced regularly ensuring continuity of the service.
SUN PALM TRANSPORT is a member of the following associations:
- Australian Tourism Export Council (ATEC)
- Port Douglas Daintree Tourism Association
- Tourism Tropical Nth Queensland